Rainforest World Music Festival 2015
7 August 2015 – 9 August 2015
The 18th edition of the Rainforest World Music Festival will be celebrated at the Sarawak Cultural Village in Damai near here on the weekend of August 7 to 9. The much awaited world-class music celebration will feature entrancing world music, songs and stage performances, presenting world music celebrities which will resonate the foothill of the rainforest of Mount Santubong.
Its formula of afternoon informative workshops, ethno-musical lectures, jamming sessions and mini concerts, followed by evening performances on the main stage has proven to be a hit with the audience, who come from near and far.
The festival site also sets up a variety of food and drink stalls, an arts and crafts area as well as a counter for festival memorabilia, Sarawak souvenirs and CDs by the performing artists, all this contributing to a fun filled, wholesome festival experience. World Music plus a country fair atmosphere in the midst of lush greenery.
The Rainforest World Music Festival, a not-to-be-missed occasion, guarantees a smashing time in the heart of the Borneo Jungle.
Sarawak Cultural Village, Kuching, Sarawak
Fri – Sun: 2:00PM – 12:00 Midnight onwards
Festival tickets are now available online or from the ticketing agents. Click here
- Be there early. There are usually long queues at the gate for tickets or access to the venue due to ticket verification and other security measures.
- Please do not bring non-permitted items (knives, sharp items) as they will be confiscated.
- No food & drink and animals are allowed to be brought inside the venue.
- Food, beverage, CDs, souvenirs and crafts will be on sale at the event. All items are sold on CASH Terms except where indicated and there is no ATM machine at the venue so please prepare accordingly.
- Limited car-parking facilities are available near the festival site. However, to avoid any inconvenience, you are encouraged to catch the shuttle buses which will operate at regular intervals during the event.
- You can bring your own lawn chairs or mats.
- Bring along a desire to be at one with nature and a yearning to celebrate and unite with kindred spirits from around the globe.
Sarawak Tourism Board
5th – 7th Floor, Yayasan Sarawak Building
Jalan Masjid, 93400 Kuching
Nearby Hotels Accommodation: